There should be three things you are looking for in an above ground wireless dog fence. First, the system needs to be effective but not harming the dog in any way. The invisible dog fence needs to be affordable for all pet owners. Lastly, the wireless dog fence should train your pet to avoid the perimeter in a timely manner. The following wireless dog fences fit that criteria and more. At the end of the day, they help pet owners with any dog sizes to finally get that peace of mind knowing their pets are safe and happy outdoors.
1. PetSafe Free to Roam Wireless Pet Fence for Dogs
The benefits of this model of an above ground wireless dog fence are numerous. Most importantly, there will be no digging of trenches or burying wires for it to be effective.
This invisible dog fence covers an adjustable circular area to half acre. All the user needs to do is simply plug in the transmitter and begin dog training. This system from PetSafe has 5 adjustable levels of correction, including a tone-only mode for training.
- Fraction of cost of a traditional physical fence
- Absolutely no digging and no wires to bury
- Can keep pets over 5 pets safely contained in the area
- RFA-67 battery has expected life of one or two months
- For pets over 5 lb. with neck sizes from 6 – 28 inches
How to Install the PetSafe Free to Roam Wireless Dog Fence
- Define the pet perimeter area with boundary flags as a visual aid for dog.
- Adjust receiver collar to ensure contact points touch the neck.
- Turn on transmitter and start with level 1 tone on the first day of training.
2. PetSafe PIF00-12917 Stay and Play Wireless Dog Fence System
The Stay + Play above ground wireless dog fence is built with convenience in mind. The dog will enjoy free range in the yard and the owner will not have to bury any wires.
Once the small transmitter has been installed inside the home, the unit emits wireless signals that can cover up to three-quarters of an acre. Combine transmitters to achieve an even larger containment area. The system is portable and comes with useful features like waterproof build plus rechargeable battery. Moreover, it perfectly fits just about any breed of dogs.
- Creates adjustable circular perimeter to up to 3/4 of an acre
- Lightweight and portable wireless transmitter has no wires to bury
- 5 levels of static correction
- Intended for dogs over 8 pounds
- Metal objects can interfere with the signal
How to Install the PetSafe Stay and Play Wireless Dog Fence
- Set the boundary and plug the transmitter into any electrical outlet.
- Make certain the receiver collar is secure around dog’s neck.
- Place boundary markers in ground before powering on the system.
3. PetSafe Wireless Pet Containment Dog Fence
One of the things you are looking for in an above ground wireless dog fence is quality. You don’t want to shock your dog when they are walking in the rain or rolling around in wet grass. This quality invisible dog fence has one transmitter and three different receiver collars.
The collars fit any breed dog with a neck size between 8 to 28 inches. With 5 different static correction levels, train your pet to avoid the perimeter by way of beeps or annoying shock waves. Each collar is waterproof.
- Supports an unlimited number of collars
- Dog has space and freedom to run in customized area
- Built-in filter blocks interference from any electronics
- System not for vicious or aggressive dogs
- Covers an adjustable circular area of up to 180 feet in diameter
How to Install the PetSafe Wireless Pet Containment Dog Fence
- Properly fit the collar on your dog.
- Plug the transmitter into any outlet.
- Adjust boundary setting and power up the system.
4. PetSafe Wireless Dog Fence Pet Containment System
What makes this above ground wireless dog fence one of the best rated in the industry. There is no need to dig any wires while the radio signal can reach up to half of an acre. Moreover, the low battery indicator on the dog collar lets you know when it is time to install fresh batteries.
The dog can roll around on wet grass or play in the sprinklers all day long. The waterproof collar will continue to work effectively. The device offers 5 correction levels and a tone-only mode for proper training.
- Train your pet in as little as 2 weeks
- Unlimited number of pets can be added to system
- Effective alternative to any traditional fencing
- Adjust pet’s boundary up to only ninety (90) feet in all directions
- Cannot be changed into square or rectangular shape
How to Install the PetSafe Wireless Dog Fence
- Plug in the transmitter inside home.
- Secure collar/s on dog before turning on system.
- Set boundary flags, determine boundary size, and power-up the transmitter.
5. Mockins Wireless Above Ground Dog Fence
No products found.
This above ground wireless dog fence is simple to install and operate. The wireless signal can reach a maximum of 1,600 feet, once paired to the dog collar.
Once activated, the warning signals beep and flash as dog approaches perimeter. Shock pulses are emitted and increase in intensity the longer the dog stays near the boundary. Shock signals turn off when pet leaves the boundary zones.
- Transmitter strength can be adjusted accordingly
- Simply pair collar to transmitter and place your boundary flags
- Includes rechargeable transmitter and waterproof collar
- Will start shocking after 3 warnings
- Not recommended to use on pets that are under 8 pounds
How to Install the Mockins Wireless Above Ground Dog Fence
- Choose a location in the home to plug in the transmitter.
- Pair the collar to the transmitter, then secure collar to your pet.
- Adjust boundary settings and place flags to mark the location.
The best above ground wireless dog fence will be easy to operate and painless on your pet. The pulses that are sent to the collar can be annoying, but they will never harm the dog in any way. If you have been seeing exceptional results using a wireless dog fence, please comment below with your experience. You can share that information with any of our readers struggling to keep their pets safe on their property.