5. Pet Tronix RoamEO Pet Monitor System
No products found.
Lightweight, practical, and straightforward, the RoamEO Pet Monitor System is one of the best GPS dog fence options on the market. Unlike other GPS dog fences, this product features an easy-reading display that is both precise and reliable.
This display refreshes itself every few seconds, allowing users to see the precise location of their pets. Such a feature also allows owners to track the movements of their dogs effectively and with ease. Because it does not use a central receiver, this GPS dog fence works wonderfully anywhere and at any time.
- No annual or monthly service contracts required.
- Can be used anywhere without additional installation.
- User-friendly controls and display.
- Somewhat bulky and uncomfortable for small dogs.
- Battery is short-lived.
4. Link AKC Smart GPS Dog Collar
Using AT&T’s cellular network, this GPS dog tracker allows users to know where their pets are located at any time of the day. In addition to its direct tracking features, this product provides a daily report of your dog’s activity. The Link AKC also provides ambient temperature alerts, helping owners manage their dog’s safety.
Ensuring durability and style at the same time, the collar is made of high-quality leather. As if that was not enough, this product includes a complimentary access to the Pet Poison Helpline, making it one of the most comprehensive and best GPS dog fence options available.
- High-quality leather collar.
- Provides daily activity reports.
- Provides ambient temperature change reports.
- Does not work outside the United States.
- Requires an AT&T cellular network service plan.
3. Garmin T5 GPS Dog Collar
The Garmin T5 uses the GLONASS satellite navigation system to generate high-sensitivity tracking at all times. Its GPS tracking distance range is one of the highest available, reaching up to nine miles without breaking a sweat. This GPS fence also features LED beacon lights that are turned on whenever the rescue mode is activated.
Made with high-quality waterproof materials, both its collar and its receiver are rugged enough to be impressively durable. Despite the ruggedness of its materials, the collar is not uncomfortable for your pet. Additionally, it is brightly-colored and stylish, helping your pet look its best at all times.
- Features a rescue mode with LED light alerts.
- 20 to 40 hours battery life.
- Completely waterproof.
- Does not work properly outside the United States.
2. Whistle 3 GPS Pet Tracker and Activity Monitor
Using the most advanced GPS and cellular technology, the Whistle 3 can track your dog’s movement anywhere in the United States with an astonishing level of precision. This GPS dog fence also notifies you of any unusual or dangerous activity that your beloved furry companion is carrying out.
In order to ensure these notifications will reach you, they can get to you through text, app or email. Another great advantage that this product has over others of its kind is that its battery can last up to seven days without recharging. Reliable, durable, and versatile, many consider Whistle 3 to be the best GPS dog fence on the market.
- Nationwide local tracking abilities.
- Proactive alerts sent through text, app or email.
- Long-lasting battery life.
- The tracker can be difficult to attach to some collars.
1. Dog Expedition TC1 Border Patrol GPS System and Remote Trainer
Many reviewers described this portable and wireless GPS-based containment system as the best GPS dog fence on the market. With a range of up to 800 yards, this selection turns out to be the ideal choice for owners of large states.
However, thanks to its portability capabilities, the TC1 Border Patrol can work anywhere else without problems. This allows pet owners to take their dogs with them on vacation, including camping trips out in the wilderness. In addition to its tracking abilities, this product has various well-designed remote features for training your dog.
- Includes remote training features.
- GPS-based and wireless tracking abilities.
- People can use it at home or anywhere else without additional installation.
How to Install a GPS Dog Fence
The best GPS dog fence products do not require any sort of lengthy installation process. Typically, owners will only have to put the GPS-ready device on their dogs. Often, this device is pre-attached to a collar. Nonetheless, some products require the new owners to attach them to a collar manually. It is also likely that some sort of calibration process will be required before anybody can use the system.
Going over the GPS dog fences featured in this article, it’s easy to understand why so many pet owners are making the decision to use this kind of product. Allowing you to track your dog’s activity and keep it safe at the same time, GPS fences are a big step towards peace of mind. Have you tried any of these products? If so, let us know about your experience in the comment section!
Recommended Read: Best Wireless Fences for Large Dogs