This Link AKC review was comprised based on usability, affordability, functionality, and the reviews of users who have already made the purchase of this dog collar with GPS tracking capability.
Your pet means the world to you, which means you’ll go through any extreme to keep them safe. While a traditional fence only offers minimal containment, the Link AKC dog collar with GPS might be your best way to keep tabs on your pet even if they are miles away. Regardless if you own hundreds of acreage and want to see where the dog is or they get away from you at the park, this unique dog collar with GPS tracker will change the way you protect your little furry friend.
Main Features of the Link AKC Smart Dog Collar with GPS Tracker
This Link AKC review is going to explore in depth the main features of this unique dog tracking collar. We particularly like that, once the receiver is charged and connected to the collar, you’ll be using the app to locate your pet in a moment’s notice.
Unlike many of the tracking devices available, the Link AKC Smart dog collar provides you more than just an exact location of your dog. The tracking device can monitor the environment where your dog is currently. On top of that, it will alert you whenever the temperature is too hot or cold. Turn on the LED light on the dog collar and you can watch where they go during your walks at night.
Another cool feature that will help to ensure your pet is getting the recommended amount of activity each day is the customized activity level feature. This program gives the pet owner health recommendations based on insight from the American Kennel Club.
Pros and Cons of the Link AKC Smart Dog Collar with GPS Tracker
- Records and shares special walks and adventures with your dog.
- Includes access to the Pet Poison Helpline.
- Works with iOS and Android.
- GPS tracking enabled by the AT&T cellular network.
- Activity goals customized by AKC for your dog’s age and breed.
- Temperature Alerts if your dog’s environment is too cold or hot.
- Only works in the U.S.A.
- Requires service plan connectivity for allowing data to be transmitted.
- Not recommended for dogs under 10 lbs.
Design & Usability of the Link AKC Smart Dog Collar with GPS Tracker
- Activity level recommendation and monitoring
- Includes temperature alerts
- Waterproof up to 3 feet for 30 minutes
- GPS pinpoint location tracking
- Includes vet record storage
- Adventure recording and sharing
- Light and sound features
If you’re not a fan of this collar’s design, don’t fret about it. You will definitely find one that you’ll love in our collection of the best tracking collars for dogs.
Quality & Performance of the Link AKC Smart Dog Collar
The Link AKC smart dog collar with GPS tracking is built to last, regardless of how active your pet may be. Waterproof up to three feet of water, it will continue working even when your dog is quite active and adventurous. This device will not only pinpoint the location of your pet to within a few feet, but you’ll also be able to see just how active your pet is during the day.
The app allows for easy storage of vet records and can be used to analyze the adventures of your dog and routines. If the dog is outside in severe weather, you’ll be notified and can take swift action. If your pet gets away from you, it is those first few minutes that can make all the difference in finding them before they wind up in the face of danger. With the Link AKC Smart GPS tracking collar, now you can reunite with your pet quickly.
The app can store all the vet records for the dog, in case they are needed in an emergency. If you have a memorable walk or adventure, it will be stored on your mobile device so you can share them again. The device offers fast and extremely accurate GPS location tracking of your pet so you have peace of mind.
How to Install the Link AKC Smart Dog Collar with GPS Tracker
- Open the Link AKC package and locate the charging station and dog collar. Remove the tracking device from the collar and place it inside the charging station. When the light illuminates, you know it is charging.
- Remove the tracking device from the charging station and place it into the dog collar. Once locked into place, you can secure the Link AKC collar to your pet.
- Download the app to your mobile device and follow the instructions to sync tracking device and mobile device correctly.
- Once the two have been properly connected, you can track the adventures of your dog, share vet records, monitor the temperature conditions, and track how active or inactive the dog is over a period of 24 hours.
Package Contents of Link AKC Smart Dog Collar
- Adjustable dog collar;
- Tracking device;
- Instructions for use;
- Quick start guide;
- Information for installing the app;
- Charging station.