This Petsafe Pawz Away outdoor pet barrier review will focus on the pros and cons of this unit, main features, contents of the package, and a simple installation guide.
Keeping your pets out of certain areas on the property is no longer an issue when using the Petsafe Pawz Away outdoor pet barriers. Instead of keeping the dog on a leash or building a cage around certain areas, now they will look aesthetically pleasing because no one will even notice this Petsafe Pawz Away outdoor pet barrier but you.
Main Features of the PetSafe Pawz Away Outdoor Pet Barrier
The PetSafe Pawz Away outdoor pet barrier is small enough to be installed in a number of locations based on your unique needs. Create the perfect boundary in minutes and protect your garden from your pet.
The transmitter of this system is unlike any other. First of all, people can take it as a zen garden rock due to its looks. Moreover, owners can place it anywhere they like, even inside their meticulously designed gardens without becoming conspicuous. Thanks to its waterproof casing, the transmitter can easily work next to a pool or river.
Around the transmitter, users can set up a radius of up to 8 feet. Within this invisible area, dogs can roam freely. As for the collars, they are lightweight and won’t generate more than some low-intensity static correction. Manufacturer makes it clear that this product is merely reminding dogs they are not allowed to enter certain zones. Therefore, it won’t deter stubborn dogs from breaking the rules they are well aware of.
Pros and Cons of the PetSafe Pawz Away Outdoor Pet Barrier
At this point, we’ll turn our attention to all the positives that made users declare it one of the best invisible barriers for pets. Moreover, we’ll also uncover the weak points of Petsafe Pawz Away outdoor pet barrier that are merely waiting for improvements.
- Creates a circular radio signal with an 8-foot radius.
- Blends seamlessly into your landscaping.
- Create a custom shaped barrier using 150 feet of boundary wire. However, this gear is sold separately.
- Produces a harmless static correction.
- Increases to maximum static correction in 3 seconds.
- No limit to the number of outdoor barriers that will work with the system.
- Users taught their cats to stay off certain areas with this collar as well.
- Package includes only a single outdoor barrier.
- Correction levels can be too weak, and the pets quickly escape the controlled zone if they are fast.
- 4 D batteries not included.
PetSafe Pawz Away Outdoor Pet Barrier Design & Usability
The design and usability of this pet barrier allow it to blend into any landscaping. This model is simple to use with one or more pets. Whether you are trying to keep a pet out of a garden or from digging in a certain location, this barrier will certainly do the job of acting like a deterrent. Once the pet recognizes the deterrent, they will steer clear of the location.
- The Petsafe Pawz Away outdoor pet barrier uses progressive static correction to train your pet to avoid a certain area.
- Starts at the lowest level and quickly increases to a maximum in 3 seconds. As a result, the pet does not get into the prohibited area.
- Quick and easy wireless option protects areas up to 8 feet radius from barrier transmitter.
- Can be placed near a koi pond to keep the pet out of water or in the garden to stop a pet from digging.
- Disguised as a rock in your landscaping, this unique outdoor transmitter wirelessly creates a circular radio signal.
- Be confident in your outdoor barrier purchase as it comes with a manufacturer warranty.
PetSafe Pawz Away Outdoor Pet Barrier Quality & Performance
Consider for a moment the work involved with installing a traditional fence or barrier. You’ll need to dig countless post holes, position the posts, secure the location, drag the fence sections to the yard, attach to each post, and more. With an outdoor pet barrier, all that is involved is dropping the barrier anywhere in your yard you want to keep your pets away from.
Varied pulses in the collar mean that your pet will never be harmed by the signal in the receiver collar. The pulses don’t shock or burn the pet, simple pulses remind your pet to avoid this area of the property. The instruction guide in the Petsafe Pawz Away outdoor pet barrier package is easy to apply, your pets will be out and running free and away from those prohibited areas in minutes.
- Receiver collar will pick up on barrier frequency a few feet away to deter pet from entering that area.
- This outdoor pet barrier can remain anywhere on the property, keeping pets out of areas you don’t want them to destroy.
- If you have a larger yard, simply purchase additional barriers that all work with the same receiver collar. A wire can be installed underground to connect barrier and extend your fence line.
- Training your pet is simple and will correct bad behavior before bad habits form.
How to Install the PetSafe Pawz Away Outdoor Pet Barrier
This step-by-step guide will help you to place the outdoor barriers correctly.
- First, your pet will learn to avoid this outdoor barrier on their own.
- To train your pet more rapidly, attach them to a long leash while wearing the receiver collar.
- Walk with your pet towards the area where the barrier device is.
- Once able to hear the tones from receiver collar, pull back on the leash to reinforce this area is off limits.
- Each time your pet stops at the barrier, reward them.
- Multiple collars on multiple pets will all respond to the same barrier in the same manner.
These instructions are a basic summary of how to place the barriers and train your dog to respond to them. Rest assured, the instruction manual in the package will be more detailed. Once you train your pet, you’ll no longer need subsequent training sessions.
PetSafe Pawz Away Outdoor Pet Barrier Package Contents
This outdoor pet barrier comes complete with the following:
- One barrier transmitter
- One operating and training guide
Petsafe Pawz Away outdoor pet barrier offers pet owners the opportunity to keep pets out of certain areas like the garden, flower bed, or other landscaped areas. If you have already used these outdoor pet barriers on your property, share your thoughts and experiences with a comment below!