The best electric fence for large dogs will grant them the coverage they need while offering things such as adjustability concerning temperament. We focused on those features alongside others when coming up with the top 10 electric fences for large dogs.
10. KoolKani Remote Dog Training Electronic Containment Fence
- 🌟REMOTE DOG TRAINER & ELECTRIC FENCE COMBO: Remote dog training Shock collar system combined with...
- 🌟1200M REMOTE RANGE, RECHARGEABLE & FULLY WATERPROOF DOG TRAINING COLLAR- Collar can withstand tough conditions,...
- 🌟COLLAR COMPATIBLE WITH REMOTE CONTROLLER AND FENCE BASE TRANSMITTER. Train your dog with a remote controller or...
One of the best electric fences for large dogs is the Remote Dog Training Electronic Fence from KoolKani. You can utilize this system to train three dogs at once. On top of that, you can contain as many dogs as you have collars for.
There are various stimulations your dog will receive (e.g., warning beep, vibration, pulse), which can aid the more stubborn dogs who need different types of training sessions than its fellows. For the size, the 500ft wire covers 1/3 acre while you can add five extra wires for additional space.
- Multiple stimulations
- Great for multiple pets
- May not be helpful for stubborn dogs
- Frequently charge collars
9. Barkguard In-Ground Electric Fence System
- Includes FREE Blue Metal Dog Fence Expert Sign
- Waterproof collar receiver
- Select from 5 levels of adjustable correction, tone and vibration
If you are only focusing your training on a single dog, this In-Ground Electric Fence from Barkguard can help you and your pet get on track. It is designed to aid the more determined dogs. At the same time, it will be like your pets can enjoy endless space given 330 yards of wire. The collar receiver is lighter in weight than others as to not weigh the dog down.
- Helps headstrong dogs
- Lightweight collar
- Difficult installation
- The collar may shock intermittently
8. Pet Control HQ Remote Dog Training System
Another quality product on our list of the best electric fence for large dogs is this electric fence from Pet Control HQ. The fence grants you three different levels of automatic correction in addition to having 10 levels of vibration and correction. Adjusting it to your dog’s specific behavior is simple enough. The remote system can also train up to three dogs at once, and it is able to cover up to 10 acres to give them room to run.
- Easy to pair collars
- Good vibrate features
- The charge doesn’t last long
- The fence may only detect one collar
7. Dr. Tiger 2 Dog Electric Fence System
For those of you who may have two dogs in need of protection while they exercise in the yard, the Dr. Tiger 2 Dog System can help. The collar is adjustable to fit an average large-sized dog up to 120lbs with a neck size up to 25 in. These collars are also rainproof and can recharge for simpler use. There is a nice, loud warning tone that comes up when your dog gets too close to the boundary line. All in all, you get 600ft of wire, enough room for a dog to have fun and stay safe.
- Easy to adjust the collar
- Good for high energy/stubborn dogs
- Low-quality transmitter
- Might not be completely waterproof
6. RedHound Electric Dog Fence
This Electric Dog Fence from RedHound is rather easy to install, so you can quickly set it up for you and your dog to enjoy. The warning shock provided by the system is good enough to train the most stubborn of large dogs. With the collar, you get one that is rechargeable and waterproof for protection. The wire is 650ft which can provide enough space for your large pet to happily enjoy themselves.
- Easy installation
- Good for hard-to-train dogs
- Thin wire
- Might not have longevity
5. Extreme Dog Fence Electric Dog Fence
- Elite: The eXtreme Dog Fence MAX GRADE KIT Covers Up to 25 Acres with the Widest Signal Field Possible. The Wire Can be...
- Waterproof and Submersible: Most Other Inground Dog Fence Systems Claim to be "Water Resistant". The eXtreme Dog Fence...
- Max Grade Fence Kit Includes: 14 Gauge-Plus 60 Mil Wire, 16 Gauge Twisted Wire, Digital Transmitter, Collar Receiver(s)...
This Electric Dog Fence from Extreme is seen as the best electronic fence for large dogs considering it can offer up to 25 acres of coverage. The collar is well-built if not slightly large, and it is 100% waterproof for added durability. Also, the system holds up to changing weather conditions. When you set it up, you can avoid cross frequencies with neighboring devices.
- Waterproof and submersible collars
- Avoids transmitter interference
- Wire staples aren’t sturdy
- Collar seems bulky
4. PetSafe Stubborn Dog In-Ground Fence
This in-ground fence from PetSafe can give you up to 1/3 acres, and it is expandable to 25 acres. It comes with both tone and vibration warnings to accommodate different dogs. There are four adjustable levels of static correction as well, with the highest being for the most stubborn dogs, making it the best electric fence for large dogs for many owners. In addition, the collar is waterproof. You can also check out other underground fences for dogs.
- Easy to install
- Simple to customize
- The range can be unpredictable
- The clasp on the collar can break
3. SportDOG In-Ground Pet Fence System
Another high-rated product in the countdown for the best electric fence for large dogs is the SportDOG Pet Fence System. It has a 16 gauge, heavy-duty wire to grant your system greater durability. There is 1,000ft of wire with this system also. Installing it can be simple as long as instructions are followed. Once set up, it all works by providing your dog with a warning beep and then a safe stimulation.
- Straightforward installation and setup
- For above or in-ground use
- Boundary can change
- The collar can beep without approaching boundary
2. PetSafe Stubborn Dog Factory-Grade In-Ground Fence
For the dogs out there that do not seem to respond to regular shock warnings, this Stubborn Dog Fence from PetSafe may help you. For starters, it grants you 500ft of wire for 1/3 acre so your dog still has the necessary room. When it comes to training, there are five different levels, including a vibration mode, to progress your dog along. This intensity can seem much for some dogs, so it works best with larger, stubborn dogs.
- Excellent for difficult to train dogs
- Easy to install
- The transmitter can be defective
- Wire seems brittle
1. Dogtek Electric Dog Fence
This containment system from Dogtek is seen by many as the best electric fence for large dogs considering the variety of dogs it can cover, especially extra large dogs. The collar receiver is fully waterproof as well so there’s little worry about anything breaking. It can hold a charge for some time, and it has a total of eight levels of static correction to help you achieve the most out of your training.
- Can hold a good charge
- Adjustable for a variety of dogs
- May not work for all dogs
- Installation may take some time
How to Install an Electric Dog Fence
You should always set aside some time when installing your new best electric fence for large dogs to be certain it is set up properly. There are two different methods you will use depending on if you are burying it underground or mounting it. Which one you choose will affect the area, so consider that before settling on one.
In either case, you need to map out the area you wish to close off. When that is complete, you can lay the wire out and use something like lawn staples to keep them it in place if mounting. You can also mount it on a fence or wall, but keep in mind it cannot be placed on sheet metal.
If burying, you can dig a 1-3 in. deep trench to drop the wire inside. There are a number of tools to use such as a wiring trench or a power edger.
Remember always to attach the wires to the transmitter and turn on the collar to ensure proper functioning of the system prior to putting it on your dog.
Large dogs are active, playful, and at times, stubborn. So, it’s necessary to keep them protected at home, and a good way is through an electric fence. The best electric fence for large dogs still gives them the room they need to roam while granting you peace of mind. Have any opinions on our list? Share your thoughts in the comment section below!
Last update on 2021-01-26 at 20:12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API