In this article, we’re going to review the top tracking collars for dogs. These products made it on our list thanks to their waterproofed and durable materials, great tracking functions, and additional top-notch features.
Tracking collars have been used on wild animals for years. The recorded information helps researchers track the migration to better understand their habits and behavior. However, many dog owners find these devices effective for GPS tracking and geofencing. Here are the top 8 best tracking collar for dogs based on reliability, quality, customer satisfaction, price, and overall performance.
8. SupremeLife Pet Mini GPS Tracker
This is the best tracking collar for dogs at an affordable price. Such a product comes with basic functions that offer a reliable real-time tracking that costs under $50.00. Thanks to GPS+LBS dual mode position, you will always be alerted if your pet leaves a specified area.
- Waterproof, dustproof, and shock proof. Works with a cell phone that has a prepaid SIM card or programmed through your cell phone carrier.
- Geo-fence alarm goes off to notify you when dog has left a designated area.
- Low battery alarm and remote voice monitoring.
- Kit includes GPS tracker, collar, USB cable, charging clip, screwdriver, screws, and users manual for easy setup.
- Made of durable ABS plastic.
- Works in rain or snow.
- Easy to set up.
- Stores 90-day history of routes.
- Must have activated cell phone in order to use GPS or Geo-fence feature.
- Too heavy for dogs under 8 pounds.
7. DOTT The Smart Dog Tag, App-Enabled Pet Collar Tag for OS
Voted best invention by MSN Money and recognized as best tracking collar for dogs by TechnoNerd, any mobile phone can pick up this signal. Works on an in-app auto-tracking signal instead of GPS. Community-oriented by sending signals to all concerned pet owners, your search for a lost pet becomes broadcasted over social media immediately.
- Works 4 x better than a microchip.
- 24/7 DOTT community support.
- Tracks dog walks, potty breaks, medication, etc. to keep your pet healthy.
- Long battery life.
- No subscription fees to pay.
- iPhone compatible.
- Helpful neighborhood alerts for pets.
- 6-9 month battery life.
- Does not come complete with collar.
- No GPS operation for exact location.
6. Whistle 3 GPS Pet Tracker & Activity Monitor
You ca compare this best tracking collar for dogs to a cell phone for your pet. A subscription plan will activate the tracker and activity monitor to provide full-time location for your animal.
- Nationwide location tracking.
- Durable and waterproof.
- 24-hour history of pet’s locations.
- Alerts that will notify you of pet’s movement out of specified territory.
- Tracks dog’s daily activities to better monitor health and exercise.
- Easily fits on any collar and works within WiFi territories.
- Water will not affect the quality or performance.
- Excellent support from manufacturer.
- Monthly paid subscription required.
- Battery life is estimated at 7 days.
- Collar not included.
5. PABY Pet Tracker, 3G GPS Pet Tracker & Activity Monitor for Dogs
- Track your pet in real time anywhere using GPS and Wi-Fi
- Add and manage an unlimited amount of devices within the Paby app
- Find your pet faster when it is dark or you are in poor reception areas by sounding an alarm and activating an LED light
This rechargeable waterproof tracker locator comes with Pet Safe Wireless Fence Pet Finder. Such an app comes in very handy especially since it can connect to your Android/iOS/iPhone. At the end of the day, you’ll have all-in-one protection on tracking and finding pets.
- Multiple ways to set boundaries by WIFI or certain place.
- Works in areas with limited WIFI coverage.
- Different comfort settings for various breeds and daily activities.
- Service available in 80 countries.
- This best tracking collar for dogs can be used on any size or breed of dog.
- Waterproof, durable, and comfortable, can withstand rain or swimming.
- Extra LED light and sound to aid in finding your pet in dark places.
- Monitor pay plan has to be set up to activate collar and to receive manufacturer support.
- 2-3 days of battery life.
4. Tractive GPS 3G Pet Tracker
Works on all smartphone or desktop browsers for checking on your pet. Global coverage with real-time map to provide exact location.
- 100% waterproof.
- Virtual fence and no range limitation.
- Rechargeable battery.
- Robust and waterproof, this best tracking collar for dogs has 3G support and real time tracker.
- Rechargeable batteries save on replacement batteries.
- Flexible with any browser you may have.
- Does not come with collar.
- Not recommended for small pets.
3. Link AKC Smart GPS Dog Collar
One of the cool benefits of checking out this collar is that you easy replace it. This way, you make sure that you get to guarantee perfect fit for your pet. Temperature alerts let you know if your pet is heading toward distress. Moreover, its record keeping app lets you have all vet information at your fingertips.
- Designer collars available and guaranteed fit.
- Works with any iOS or Android.
- Service plan with guarantee and extended warranty.
- Nationwide tracking capabilities.
- Customized by AKC to conform to your dog’s breed and age, this best tracking collar for dogs will last for years with service plan.
- Support team offers tips for all of your pet’s needs.
- Plan bundles are more costly due to extended features.
- According to customer reviews, not all GPS locations are immediately available.
2. Bartun GPS Pet Tracker
- GPS & Activity Tracking - Always know the exact location of your best friend with precise GPS! Track how far they roam,...
- Customizable Geofence Zones - Use the app to trace safety zones around your yard or favorite park, and get instant...
- 2-Way Audio - Stay connected with your dog from anywhere! With 2-way audio you can call them home, reassure them when...
With this choice, you’ll get precision control for positioning, tampering, and listening. What’s special about this Bartun model is that it comes with convenient YouTube operational options. On top of that, it offers multi-platform monitoring packed in a comfortable silicon waterproof collar.
- 12 types of APN Command.
- Real-time tracking and remote monitoring.
- Low power consumption of power management
- Geofence capabilities.
- Life-time free web tracking platform and remote monitoring.
- GPS+LBS+WIFI positioning and various work modes.
- 3-month historical route storage.
- Works only with GSM 2G Network.
- Does not support 3G or 4G.
- Not suitable for smaller animals.
1. Garmin DC 40 GPS Dog Tracking Collar
You can heavily rely on this Garmin product thanks to its tough under pressure for extreme areas up to 9 miles. Its strong points rest in its GPS/GLONASS receiver with rechargeable battery and LED beacon lights.
- No monthly charge for GPS service.
- Convenient rechargeable battery.
- LED beacon lights and Rescue mode.
- Extended range antennas, charge clip.
- High-Sensitivity GPS with GLONASS and waterproof for rugged use.
- All-in-one color and tracking device.
- Not suitable for small pets.
These products represent one of the many advantages of modern technology. Even if some pets love the taste of freedom and like roaming the neighborhood more than staying indoors, you can still know that they are safe. On top of that, the best tracking collar for dogs will play a crucial role in case of pets running away.
Each of the presented models come with powerful features that enable you to keep an eye on your pets. If you already tried some of them, let us know your feedback in the comment section below.
Recommended Read: Best Underground Dog Fences
Last update on 2021-01-26 at 18:41 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API