To help you find the best wireless dog fence, we reviewed eight of the most popular products on the market today. We based our findings on how user-friendly they are, durability, range, and more.
8. YOUTHINK Invisible Wireless Dog Fence
- RECHARGEABLE WATER RESISTANT COLLAR - Our Collars are Completely Water Resistant, They're also Fully Adjustable for Dogs...
- 2 ACRE COVERAGE AREA - The Wireless Boundary is Completely Adjustable from 1 Yard to 100 Yards. The Signal Strength may...
- 100% SAFE & RELIABLE WIRELESS CONTAINMENT SYSTEM - Our System Creates an Adjustable Wireless Boundary that Emits a Low...
This wireless fence from YOUTHINK is designed as a 2-in-1 system. It is both a dog training device and a wireless fence. For the training collar, you can control a range of up to 820ft, and with the fence, you get a radius of 50-500ft. With this fence, you can use it even if your dog is in the rain as the collar is 100% waterproof. In case something happens, there’s even a 1-year warranty.
- Waterproof and rechargeable collar
- Supports multiple collars
- Inconsistent range
- Weak maximum shock
7. PetPi Wireless Dog Fence Containment System
The PetPi Wireless Dog Fence System gives you a range of up to 500m. In addition to the warning tone, your dog can experience four levels of shock, each one increasing at a gradual rate until the dog returns to the area. To save on power, it automatically goes into sleep/power-saving mode when there’s no movement for one minute. When the receiver moves again, however, it automatically wakes up.
- Waterproof collar
- Covers good range
- A short-lasting charge on the collar
- Can lose signal when out of Wi-Fi range
6. Perimeter Technologies Wire-Free Dog Fence
The Wire-Free Dog Fence contains an integrated signal chip that helps link the distance between the Smart Station and your dog. Meanwhile, the wire-free keeps track of your dog’s location. All the gathered information is sent back to you. With all of these features, this is the best wireless dog fence with a more technologically advanced system.
- Easy setup
- Good battery life
- Shock zone and range aren’t always in-sync
- Trouble transmitting through solid objects
5. PetPi Invisible Dog Fence
With a remote control radius of up to 120 yards, this PetPi wireless dog fence grants your pet ample room to run around before they will reach the boundary and feel the vibration. A simple, 2-second shock follows the vibration if the animal remains out of the boundary, and adjusting the shock level is as simple as turning a dial. The collar is also water resistant and simple to recharge, factors that contribute to the product’s overall durability and longevity.
- Straightforward to use
- Lifetime guarantee
- A tad difficult to set up
- Random shocks/vibration
4. FunAce 100% Wireless Pet Containment System
- REVOLUTIONARY - Patented compact wifi radio transmitter (NOT RECHARGEABLE) and receiver collar (RECHARGEABLE) - our...
- EXTREMELY EASY TO USE! Customized a cordless radial shaped boundary with adjustable levels 1-100 up to 500 feet in...
- UNMATCHED PERFORMANCE! Advanced rechargeable collar so you can stop buying new batteries, and we know that replacing...
The FunAce Wireless Pet Containment System is the best wireless dog fence for those who have some acres of land to spare. This can support up to 17 acres and up to 500ft in each direction. For your pet’s safety, there is an anti-over shocking feature implemented. This means that in the event of something like a power outage or your dog remains over the boundary line, it will only provide a total of 54 seconds of static shock before automatically shutting off.
- Wide area coverage
- Quick setup
- Some signal/shock inconsistencies
- Doesn’t work well in smaller yards
3. PetSafe Wireless Fence Pet Containment System
One of the most liked features of the PetSafe Wireless Dog Fence is the fact that it can take less than two hours to set it up. In addition to that, you can add an unlimited amount of pets to this system as long as they wear the proper collar. It comes with five levels of correction, a tone-only mode, and it can provide up to 90ft in all directions. The range is circular and it cannot be changed into another shape.
- Quick and easy installation
- Easy to adjust levels of correction
- Certain Wi-Fi routers can affect it
- May have some dead spots
2. ProfessionPet Invisible Wireless Dog Fence
- 【Latest & Effective】 -- ProfessionPet invisible dog fence will customize a cordless radial shaped boundary with...
- 【Super Easy For Using】-- Using Procedure: Turn on the transmitter - Turn on the transmitter to pair. Start the...
- 【Level 1-100 sensitivity & Up To 500 Meters Radius】 -- Advanced rechargeable collar so you can stop buying new...
Although the ProfessionPet fence can fit dogs of all sizes, it seems that it works especially well with large to extra large breeds. The collar is waterproof and also rechargeable. You can get about 8-9 hour of constant use out of it. The radius of this fence is customizable with adjustable levels of 1-100 and up to 500ft. All in all, it forms a circular perimeter around the area you choose.
- Recharges well
- Good intensity levels
- The range is not always consistent
- Instructions can be hard to follow
1. PetSafe Stay & Play Wireless Fence
Taking the top spot as the best wireless dog fence is the Stay & Play from PetSafe. You can purchase up to a 5-dog system, and there are even specific collars for the more stubborn dogs. For the wireless coverage, it can go up to 105ft. The area it covers is an adjustable circular area. As the collar is rechargeable, there’s no concern about replacing batteries. It charges up in less than three hours.
- Correction levels straightforward to adjust
- Easily portable
- Signal can drop too easily
- Not the best longevity
How to Install a Wireless Dog Fence
Out of all the dog fences out there, a wireless fence is perhaps one of the more user-friendly ones to install. The best wireless dog fence should take up little of your time to set up so you can get a jumpstart on training your pet. Installation can sometimes vary depending on the exact model, but they all generally follow a similar path.
The first thing you must do is figure out where you will be placing the transmitter. This may be the longest part of the installation process. There are factors to keep in mind when placing the transmitter as certain things can make it not work as well as it should. For instance, it can’t be too off-center in your home, and it can’t be around a lot of metal like washing machines, furnaces, etc.
Afterward, turn on the collar. Some models require syncing up, which is relatively simple to do. Lastly, setup your boundary. Hold the collar and walk around, listening out for the ‘beep’ to learn where you should place the boundary flags. When all is said and done, place the collar on your dog and start training.
Your beloved pets deserve their freedom while maintaining their safety. So, they deserve to have the best wireless dog fence that will aid in their training without harming them. The fences mentioned above have their benefits and disadvantages, but they can make the training process go along smoother. If any of you have tried out these systems or know of others not mentioned, we’d enjoy hearing your opinions in the comments.