5. PetSafe Stay + Play Wireless Fence
PetSafe Stay + Play Wireless Fence is capable of creating a clearly-defined perimeter with a range of up to 105 feet in all directions from its indoor transmitter. Featuring five different levels of correction that range from very mild to medium, it can be used with small dogs with complete safety.
Despite having the ability to recharge completely in less than three hours, this wireless dog fence can function for up to three weeks before its power is depleted. Lightweight, portable and easy to set up, this wireless dog fence for small dogs is a product that the most practical and no-nonsense dog owners will love.
- Easily portable
- Can be used in various terrains
- Using a single receiver, it works with an unlimited number of pets
- Metal object within the boundary may interfere with the signal
4. SupremeLife Pet Mini GPS Tracker
Created for small dogs and puppies, the SupremeLife Pet Mini is a dual-mode long-distance tracker and geo-fence. Fully waterproof, dustproof, and shockproof, this fantastic wireless dog fence for small dogs. It allows users to set up a customizable perimeter. This area will work as a boundary that their small dog can’t cross.
Through a very user-friendly app, owners can receive notifications whenever their small dog attempts to leave the predetermined boundary. Because it gets its data using a GSM cell phone prepaid SIM card, this wireless dog fence for small dogs is incredibly precise.
- Features low-battery and anti-dropoff alarms.
- Extremely durable due to waterproof, dustproof, and shockproof materials.
- Features long-distance speech monitoring.
- Requires a GSM cell phone SIM card.
3. Link AKC Smart GPS Dog Collar
Made only in small and extra small sizes, this wireless dog fence for small dogs can be used with puppies and small breeds alike. Using a service plan for cell phone connectivity, this product allows concerned owners to track the activity of their small dogs with outstanding precision.
Whenever your dog leaves the designated safe zone, this product emits an alert through your smartphone. Primarily, it tracks pets’ movements and creates a virtual fence around your property. The Link AKC Smart GPS Dog Collar can also provide notifications of your dog’s activity throughout the day. This helpful feature you to control the animal’s daily exercising.
- Provides a daily report of your small dog’s physical activity and exercise.
- Made of reflective and water-resistant fabric.
- Comfortable and very lightweight.
- Its app requires constant software updates.
2. PetSafe Wireless Fence Pet Containment System
Without a doubt, this wireless dog fence for small dogs is one of the most reliable products of its kind on the market. Despite being straightforward and easy to set up, the PetSafe Wireless Fence Pet Containment System is incredibly precise and effective.
In addition to covering up to half an acre in all directions from the transmitter, this product is completely portable. This makes it perfect for vacations, camping trips, and hiking trips with your dog. Its adjustable collar can be used with dogs of any size except miniature breeds.
- Lightweight and fully portable.
- Easy to set up and use.
- Five different levels of correction.
- Tone-only correction mode for training.
- Despite being easy and straightforward, its setup process is lengthy.
1. Eureka Technology MARCOPOLO Advanced Pet Monitoring, Tracking and Locating System
The MARCOPOLO Advanced Pet Monitoring, Tracking and Locating System is an advanced wireless dog fence for small dogs. This system is totally self-contained. As such, it works anywhere without the need of a GPS or cellphone network. The system includes everything you need to track one pet, including the collar, the controller, various tracking tags, and other useful items.
On top of that, you can expand this setup to handle up to three different pets at the same time. As if that was not good enough, this product has a battery that lasts up to six weeks with a single charge.
- Long-lasting battery life.
- Completely self-contained system.
- Does not need a GPS or cellphone network.
- Portable and easy to set up.
How to Install a Tracking Collar for Dogs
Unlike dog containment systems that use wires to create a perimeter, wireless dog fences do not require a lengthy and difficult installation process. Typically, this kind of product is ready to use once the receiver collar has been put on the dog. However, it should be noted that some of the products featured on this list may require some type of calibration process.
Going through the products featured in this article, it is easy to see why so many small dog owners have made the choice to use wireless fences to keep their pets safe. Do you agree with our selection of products? Let us know in the comment section!