This guide will go over some extremely well-received products so that you find yourself the best wireless fence for large dogs. You want to make sure that your new containment system controls a large range and applies a type of corrective incentive to which your large pet is receptive. Brands like PetSafe, Link AKC, and Whistle might have just the right product for you.
5. PetSafe Stay + Play Wireless Fence
This portable wireless containment system is one of the most popular products of its kind, and with good reason. It is durable and resistant to adverse weather conditions. Most importantly, it is incredibly effective in keeping your dogs contained in a specific area.
- Completely portable and easy to set up.
- Works with an unlimited number of pets at the same time.
- Includes flags that help indicate the limits of the area where the large dog is allowed.
- Its collars are somewhat flimsy.
4. ProfessionPet Invisible Wireless Dog Fence System
No products found.
This wireless fence for large dogs made by ProfessionPet has helped countless owners keep their dogs contained and safe. It features an innovative blind operation system. This allows users to change settings and correction levels without having to interact with a digital screen.
Reaching up to 655 yards, the system is perfect for keeping large dogs contained and safe within large estates such as farms, barns, and manors. Waterproof, durable, and efficient, this product is one that dog owners should look out for.
- Can be operated without having to interact with confusing screens.
- IPX7 water-resistant collar and IPX5 water-resistant remote control.
- Can’t be used with more than one dog at once.
3. Link AKC Smart GPS Dog Collar
Link AKC Smart GPS Dog Collar provides a straightforward and practical way to keep your dogs contained and safe. Using fast and accurate GPS tracking enabled by the AT&T cellular network, it allows users to know the location of their beloved furry friends at all times.
In addition to tracking their every move, this product provides a daily report of their activity. This reporting is incredibly precise and thorough. It can go as far as to allow owners to control the amount of exercise their dog gets every day.
- Provides a daily report of the dog’s activity.
- Allows owners to track the movement of their dog in real time.
- Provides temperature alerts for keeping your dog safe.
- Does not work without an AT&T cellphone plan.
- Does not work outside the United States.
2. PetSafe Wireless Fence Pet Containment System
This wireless fence for large dogs is easy to set up. However, this set up time is somewhat lengthy, taking around one to two hours. Once it has been fully set up, though, the PetSafe Wireless Fence Pet Containment System covers up to one-half acre with a great level of precision.
Even though the signal can be affected by certain topographic factors, it is remarkably stable. The result is a huge level of reliability that will help owners maintain their peace of mind. Its receiver collar works for any dog that weighs eight pounds or more. Its 5 different levels of correction are startling without being painful, making this product as humane as it is effective.
- Very easy to set up.
- Precise and reliable signal at all times.
- 5 different levels of correction.
- Includes a tone-only correction mode for training.
- Lengthy setup process.
- Does not have a power failure-safe mode.
1. Whistle 3 GPS Pet Tracker and Activity Monitor
Often, wireless dog containment systems fail due to having flimsy, unreliable collars that can break or get lost. In the end, this allows the dog to go outside the containment area without a problem. This product solves that problem by not featuring a collar.
Instead, the Whistle 3 GPS Pet Tracker can be firmly attached to any object, allowing users to choose the best collar to use it with. Once attached, this wireless fence for large dogs provides an incredibly precise and reliable nationwide location tracking. In addition to tracking, the Whistle 3 GPS Pet Tracker and Activity Monitor provides text, app or email notifications whenever your pet steps outside the permitted area.
- Nationwide location tracking.
- Provides text, app, and email notifications.
- Incredibly long-lasting battery life.
- Requires a subscription plan for cellular connectivity.
How to Install a Wireless Fence for Large Dogs
Without a doubt, one of the biggest advantages of wireless fences is that they require very little in terms of installation and maintenance. Owners can set most of them up simply by placing the signal emitter in the middle of your property. A brief calibration process may also help get the ideal results when installing some wireless fences.
Without a doubt, each of the products featured in this article is a strong contender for the title of best wireless fence for large dogs. In the end, however, you need to consider your personal needs in order to choose one. Have you found this guide useful? Let us know in the comments!
Last update on 2021-07-27 at 14:01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API