Main Features of the PetSafe PIF 300 Wireless Fence Containment System
Unlike wireless pet fences that have to be installed by a professional installation crew, the pet owner can activate the PetSafe PIF 300 Wireless 2 Dog Fence Containment System in seconds. Once the transmitter is plugged in and turned on while the pet collar is on your dog, your pet will be safe within a circular range of your choice. This system is a revolutionary concept providing the simplest and safest form of pet containment.
This PetSafe PIF 300 Wireless 2 Dog Fence Containment System is perfect to train a dog to stay on a property without the seclusion of a real fence. Moreover, you can trust this device for keeping your pet closer to you when traveling. Unlike the traditional wireless pet fence that is installed in the ground and cannot be moved, this portable wireless pet fence gives the pet owner the ability to keep the pet safe anywhere.
- Waterproof receiver collar fits most dogs
- Two-dog system includes extra PIF collar
- The transmitter is easily plugged in and requires no batteries
- Adjustable levels of correction with tone-only mode
- Covers an adjustable circular area
- Lightweight receiver collar
- This product is only for pets weighing 8 pounds or more
- Only covers an adjustable circular area of up to a 1/2 acre
PetSafe PIF 300 Design & Usability
When traveling, whether at the campground or a friend’s house, take the transmitter with you and plug in on the go. Even when you are not on your property anymore, you can still set an area where your dog will be safe. This wireless dog fence keeps your pet safe, but not at the cost of causing them any harm.
Once the transmitter has been plugged in and the dog collar is on, the transmitter will begin to emit a 17.5 kHz radio signal right to the perimeter. At this time, the pet wears a small and lightweight receiver collar is that constantly listening for the transmitter signal. When the dog collar is receiving the signal, your pet is free to play or run around without any issues.
However, if your pet begins to approach the training flags and boundary, a warning beep will be sent to the dog collar. If your pet does not respond and turn away from the perimeter, they will receive a static correction signal which can be startling, but this is in no way harmful.
After a few of these static correction signals, your pet will steer clear of the edge of the boundary. Most dogs are able to learn quickly how far they can go before getting the signal. After a while, your pets will remain well within the containment area and out of harm off of the property.
PetSafe PIF 300 Quality & Performance
Therefore, regardless if your pet is taking care of their business in the rain or jumping in the swimming pool, the unit will continue to operate without fail. Unlike inferior units that may shock the dog when wet, this waterproof collar unit is safe and operates as intended every time.
Most underground wireless dog fences have a set boundary once installed. The biggest advantage of the portable PetSafe PIF 300 system is that you can move the unit anywhere. You can also adjust the size of the boundary radius. Whether you want to keep your pet just on the deck or around the edges of your camper, the boundary setting dial gives the user complete control on exactly how far the dog can roam from the transmitter.
How to Install the PetSafe PIF 300 Containment System
One reason pet owners are raving about this wireless fence is that installation could not be easier. There is no need for digging trenches for wires or having to choose a set perimeter. The PetSafe PIF 300 Wireless 2 Dog Fence Containment System gives the pet owner the ability to choose any size containment area, have the system running in minutes, and move it if desired.
Installation of the PetSafe wireless dog fence:
- Start by plugging in the PetSafe PIF 300 transmitter into any outlet inside your home.
- Choose the perimeter setting by rotating the dial. Additionally, you can mark the boundary using the training flags to monitor pet activities.
- Place the collar on your pet and turn on the transmitter. From this moment, they will receive pulses of various strengths as they get closer to the boundary and training flags.
- If traveling, simply unplug the transmitter, move to a new location, and repeat steps 1-3.
PetSafe PIF 300 Package Contents:
- Two (2) waterproof pet collars
- Wireless fence transmitter unit with boundary setting
- Power adapter
- Training flags
- Training manual