Main Features of the PetSafe Stay and Play Wireless Fence
Once you place the transmitter in the center of the containment area and turn it on, it sends a frequency to the collar on your dog. In its turn, the collar vibrates as pets get towards the outer edges of the containment area. The diameter of the containment area can be adjusted from three-quarters of an acre to a few dozen feet.
This invisible pet fence is also portable. Such a feature allows the pet owner to set it up in seconds on the campsite, at the vacation home rental or while traveling with family on vacation.
Pros and Cons of the PetSafe Stay and Play Wireless Fence
- Portable and ideal for RV camping and vacation homes.
- One charge lasts 3 weeks depending on the frequency of use. On top of that, the device quickly recharges in 3 hours.
- Adjustable range of up to 105 feet in all directions.
- Train your pet in less than 2 weeks.
- Pet is safely contained within the yard without digging or burying wires.
- Safely contain as many pets as you like with additional collars.
- Containment area cannot be changed into a square or rectangular shape.
- Only for dogs of 5 pounds and up.
Design & Usability of the PetSafe Stay and Play Wireless Fence
- This wireless system is portable and sets up in 1-2 hours.
- Coverage is an adjustable circular area of 210 feet in diameter.
- For dogs that are 5 pounds and up.
- Fits neck sizes between 6-23 inches.
- Collar uses a rechargeable battery.
- Waterproof receiver collar.
- 5 adjustable levels of static correction.
- Add an unlimited number of pets with additional receiver collars.
Quality & Performance of the PetSafe Stay and Play Wireless Fence
The Petsafe Stay and Play wireless fence can create a circular boundary so your pet will be contained between 22 to 105 feet in any direction. The containment area boundary is adjustable with just a turn of the dial.
Once you set the transmitter, it sends a constant radio signal but only within the defined pet containment area. The pet will receive a warning pulse from the lightweight collar as they approach the edges of the boundary. If your pet strays further, they’ll receive static correction pulses of a stronger frequency. This sign will remind them to return to the safety of the defined containment area.
The receiver collar comes with five levels of static correction. This way, you’re sure to find the perfect fit for your dog’s temperament.
How to Install the PetSafe Stay and Play Wireless Fence
Installing the PetSafe Stay and Play invisible dog fence is simple. It is the same process whether you are setting the boundaries on your property or looking to contain your pet on that camping site. To begin, locate a center point where the transmitter will be placed. Note that it needs to be near an electrical outlet. The size of the boundary will be a circle and can reach as far as three-quarters of an acre.
Place the transmitter on the lowest floor of the house, preferably in the laundry room or garage. Mount on the wall, or at least a few feet off the floor and away from large metal objects. Once the unit is plugged in and turned on, set the distance to the maximum. To set the boundaries, you’ll need two people.
One person stands at the unit to set the range while the other begins walking with the receiver collar turned on to find the boundary. When the collar pulses, you’re at the edge. If satisfactory, set a flag and keep walking to mark the perimeter. If you want a smaller diameter, one person lowers the number on the transmitter, and the other follows and marks the location. Once satisfied, the flags can be placed and the collar attached to your pet.
Package Contents of PetSafe Stay and Play Wireless Fence
- Transmitter with power adapter.
- Rechargeable receiver collar.
- Test light tool and transmitter charger.
- Contact point wrench.
- 50 training flags.
- Operating and training guide.
- Both short and long hair contact points.