Main Features of the Petsafe Wireless Fence
With the Petsafe wireless fence, installation takes minutes. Moreover, you can adjust the size of the containment area in seconds or take the device on vacation or a friend’s house whenever you like.
Once you open the box and remove all the components of this invisible dog fence, simply plug in the transmitter somewhere inconspicuous, like the garage or laundry room. Once the unit is on, the transmitter is going to begin to emit a 17.5 kHz radio signal to the outer edges of your property. This will depend on how large of a circular containment area you have selected.
Once the collar is secure on your pet, this lightweight receiver collar listens for that signal. When the dog collar is receiving that signal, your pet is going to be free to run or play anywhere your yard inside that containment area. As your pet approaches the boundary of that signal, they receive a warning pulse that is similar to the shock you feel when touching metal after walking on carpeting. It is completely harmless to your dog, more of an annoyance than anything.
With just a little training, your dog will easily learn the boundaries of the property.
Pros and Cons of the Petsafe Wireless Fence
- This Petsafe fence is completely portable.
- Covers an adjustable circular area up to a half acre.
- Offers 5 adjustable levels of correction.
- Never have the need to bury wires in your yard.
- Receiver collar alerts you when it’s time to change the battery.
- Quick installation means just plugging in the transmitter after the dog receives its new collar.
- Recommended for pets over 8 pounds.
- For use in the US only.
Design & Usability of the Petsafe Wireless Fence
- Dog receiver collar is waterproof.
- No holes to dig or wires to bury.
- Receiver collar has 5 levels of static correction.
- Adjust pet’s boundary up to 90 feet in all directions.
- Portable containment system perfect for RV camping.
- Fits pets neck sizes 6 to 28 inches.
- Ideal for pets medium to large.
Quality & Performance of the Petsafe Wireless Fence
Many buyers look for a Petsafe Wireless Fence review to get a better understanding of the performance and quality of the devices they are about to purchase. This particular Petsafe wireless fence is one of the most affordable and highly-rated for sale today.
This pet containment system is completely portable and offers a simple alternative to those traditional outdoor fences that are buried in the ground. Rather than using spools of boundary wire that have to be buried around your yard, this PIF-300 will use radio frequency to protect your pet from wandering outside the containment area.
How to Install the Petsafe Wireless Fence
The ideal location can be on the bottom floor of the house, and the transmitter must not be within 3 feet of any large metal objects like a water heater. It also needs to be a few feet off the ground or hanging on a wall. You should also make sure that the area of choice is well ventilated.
Once the central location is chosen, plug in the transmitter. Afterward, take the receiver collar outside with the pin flags and walk to the outer edges of the range. Once the collar begins emitting a sound or vibration, plant a flag in the ground. Continue walking in a large circle around the property planting flags.
After placing the flags, you should have created a perfect circle around your home that works as the barrier for your pet. This step will help you train your dog to respect the boundaries and switch direction when it is approaching the limit.
Now that the transmitter is active and you have a visual of the free-to-roam area, you can attach the collar to your pet. If your dog has thicker hair, switch out the standard for the extra-long contact points on the collar.
Package Contents of Petsafe Wireless Fence
- Petsafe wireless fence transmitter
- Pet receiver collar
- Multi-purpose test light tool
- Additional extra-long contact points
- Boundary pin flags